Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cha-Cha-Cha Channnnges

Is it sad that, that song was seriously one of my favorite songs ever because it was on the Shrek 2 soundtrack?! Reason number 104635 why Gavin and I are going to be best buds...His mom still loves every Pixar movie! While most people probably have normal things on their DVR, ours is full of Bolt, The Bee Story, Kung Fu Panda, Shrek, Wall-E, The Incredibles, and so on! I guess the one thing that might redeem me is I also DVR all the Real Housewives of ...Every single season bc I'm addicted.

Well Gavey Gav lots has happened in the last few weeks!! I hope this isn't a theme?! I'm not good with all this change. I feel like everytime I write I say a lot has happend. Yikes!

  • We changed daycares. The one he was going to was nice (well so I thought)...The lady who I'll leave name-less has 11 other kids, all ages 2 and up, and they run around like crazies. They're all obsessed with Gav bc he's so little but she let's them put their slimy snotty hands all over him, and her two little helpers I found out are her son's girlfriends and after the first time I met them they started looking a little dumpy and hungover. Seriously, when I walk in the door to pick up my son please smile, or at the very least put down your Mac, look up and acknowledge I walked through the door. Soo...THANKFULLY Bryan talked to a girl he works with, and she suggested Cindy who literally lives less than a minute from us!! Seriously so perfect! She only has two other little boys that are both around 2, and they're so good and quiet. She always picks Gavin up when I walk in the door and she kisses him and he smiles so big. Before I'd bring him home and he'd cling to me and never let me put him down. Now he's all smiles when I walk in AND when we get home. I can tell he's one little happy camper. Seriously such a relief. Cindy is amazing and Gavin doesn't have to worry about scratches or 11 other crazies running around :) Woo hooo! I made Bryan call our 1st lady and then stop by to pick up his tubs of formual and diapers. We were just going to leave them but then decided we should probably start to grow up and act like adults and not be scared to do what's best for our son.
  • We are now the home of a baby going through "Sleep Training". We have the habit of letting him fall asleep in our arms everynight and then putting him in his crib. We love it bc I LOVE LOVE LOVE little snuggles and cuddling with him when he's asleep because now he's Mr. Squirmy pants when he's awake. BUT we're realizing he needs to learn to get used to his room, putting himself to sleep and soothing himself. We tried it for the first time last weekend and it was TORTURE!! He cried for an hour straight. We went in every 10 minutes, patted his back, told him it was ok and that I was proud of him, and then left for another 10 minutes. I was a crying mess. Bry said he thinks it was worse on me than Gav. Ughhh...Listen to your little babe cry and knowing all he wants is to be comforted is the worst thing ever. That being said, that was the only bad night. He picked up this trick so quickly! It's kind of nice we now have our routine...rice cereal with fruit, bath because he's a sticky mess afterwards, baby lotion massage, (I call night time baby spa time...nice!), bottle, then we carry him up, put him in his crib and he'll squirm and chat for a bit then he's out! Good job Gav! Although I feel like this is too easy, and we're in for another screaming night here soon?!
  • We had to go to Urgent Care tonight :( I try so hard not to be one of those overly frantic moms...I'm trying to find the balance of not constantly  thinking something is wrong and not letting things get out of control. He's had a bad cough for the last 2 weeks, and now his eyes look goopy...Poor babe! So I called our Dr. and since they were closing in 10 minutes (wayyy for me to wait untl the last minute! lesson learned). Anyways, they told me to take him to the Kid's Place (?) urgent care or something like that. Anyways,  Bry and I took Gav over and he has a little sinus cold so we have to give him antibiotics. How pathetic is it I got choked up when she said that. I just feel so bad that he's not feeling good. He's acting fine and was all smiles the whole time we were there, but little did he know, we now have to give him meds twice a day for 10 days. BUT Bry and I are now the proud parents of a 17lb 8 oz baby who's 27 inches long. Seriously Gav. you're getting so big babe!!
  • This momma needs a little help losing these annoying 10lbs that just wont drop! I got down to 8lbs to go but then thanks to a weekend out I'm now back up 2! SO. I hired a personal trainer. We're going to meet every Wed at 7 for 12 weeks. He's really nice and knows exactly what my goals are so I'm HOPING he helps me drop it. I mean how can he not?! I also have been dying to learn more free weight excersies since I typically just do cardio and then the same arm and leg weights. I know, I know that's my problem bc I need to change it up. Thankfully I'm now running again. I'm up to a little over 4 miles at 9:50 pace. I still have a ways to go before I have my distance and speed back but that's ok. Little by little I'll get there :) My goal is to be back to running like normal and back in all of my clothes by Winter. Or FOR SURE before next summer and our tropical va-ca!!! Can't we just go now?! Oh wait I'm back to work. NM.
  • Work is going good. Just crazyyyyy. I hate the start of every semester. Well, I don't hate it, I just get anxiety. I want to have a good year, work hard and exceed my goal and you never have a guarantee or know until the year starts to close out. I have SO much to do, so many people to see, but it'll get done. It always does. Once i get going I always have fun with it. I'm trying to learn balance. Before Gavs my life was work. Now I want to still be a hard worker but also make sure I'm taking time at night to spend with GaveyGavs, .So far so good! I know there's going to be nights where it won't be this way but as long as that's not the norm, I'm ok with it.
  • Oh and last cute story. So Sundays we go to our church Riverview and there's a little nursery to drop your babes off at. While Bry and I got there a little late last Sunday and when we were walking up all of this sudden this girl (Well who's like my age) runs aroudn the counter and is like He's Here!! He's Here! I'm staying! Tell so-and so she doesn't need to help for the 11:30, he came! I was so confused and didn't know what she was doing. We handed Gav across the counter and they told us they dont' take the seats anymore but to put them by the coats. So I take him out, and this girl was still standing next to me, while another girl came up to take him and she's like He's mine! He's mine, I claimed him. Ha! It was really nice but kind of weird...I then said He stinks, I'll change him first. So she follows me in there and stands over me while i"m changing him and then took him. It was really cute. At least he's loved here unlike his first daycare. Ha. Ok Gavin you were loved at your first daycare, they were just crazy. All of them.
I guess that's it...So maybe not THAT many changes?! Whew! You know it actually feels good to get this updated. It was one of those things that were hanging over my head. (Thank you Sarah for the reminder!! :) And can I just say I'm SO pumped for this Looong Holiday Weekend?! MUCH Needed! We were going to go up north, but we thought of it a little too late and everything is booked! TC must be the place to be?! Instead we're going to Bryan's sisters for the night on Saturday which should be SO fun. I haven't seen my neice and nephews in forever! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment