Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How is it the weekend Already??- Ok so I wrote this on 9/17 but apparently never hit publish! :)

Ok wow. Talk about crazy busy week. I'm back to work making the rounds around campus like a hard little worker rep. I should've started doing this a week ago but I was one sick momma. Ugh. It sucked. I felt a little cold coming on, and then by Monday I felt terrible. I made a Dr's appointment because I didn't want to get Mr. Gavman sick and I felt like "That person" bc I hate going to the Dr over a little cold. Thankfully I did though, bc when they listened to my lungs there was cackling and the x-ray confirmed it- pneumonia. Boo! Anyways they gave me some pretty strong meds, and I was back at it this week.  Woo Hoo!

Work so far is going pretty good, just CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY busy. I need to take a deep breath and know within the next couple of weeks it's going to settle down a bit. I had 2 lunches this week, 2 worktrips and full campus days. Not to mention all of the fun e-mail follow up I get to do when I get home after I try and spend time with Gavman. You can tell he's getting pissed too. I drop him off at Cindy's and he scowls at me...I pick him up, and he scowls at me again. I don't let him out of the car and bring him inside until he gives me a smile. Lately that's been taking longer, and longer. Cindy thinks he's teething, and also thinks he's developing a bit of a temper. Oh Dear Lord PLEASE do not let him get his mom's temper. Seriously. I don't know what i would do? I'm praying to God he gets Bryan's temperment...laid back, chill, easy going. Not his mom's anxiety, temper or inability to relax. He is a happy baby, everyone comments on his big smiles when we're out and about, but when I pick him up or drop him off at Cindy's it's another story. Gavin, what gives little man?! Could you stop...it's giving me a guilty complex! I know she treats you so good bc everytime I walk in she's holding you, kissing your head, and when I asked if you gave her any issues she hugged you and said Nooo I love him so much! Ha. Looks like you have someone wrapped around your finger?! I'm just happy you're somewhere, where I know your safe, loved and get lots of attention. I really couldn't ask for a better person to watch you. Besides me.

I'm actually dying to see the new Sarah Jessica Parker movie- I don't know how she does it. It was cute because the preview came on and Bryan was like, that would be one you'd really like, we should go see it. So sweet coming from the guy that begged me to go see My Idiot Brother last weeked. I refused so we ended up at Mitchell's Fish Market instead. Ha. Sorry Bry but wasn't feeling it. Anyways, I think I really would love that movie now that I'm a mom, and workkking like a crazy. The problem is I have a tendency to fall asleep during movies so that might be one we PPV once it's out. Although now that we have Gavin a movie seems like a luxury because we can't go with him...Even though I can't wait until he's old enough so we can go see Pixar movies without looking like creeps just Bryan and I.

Since I was sick last week, yesterday was my first day with my new personal trainer, Adam. Wow! Ok I can't walk today. Seriously. I'm supposed to go out for dinner tonight and I planned on wearing heels. All this girl wants to do is throw on sweats, sneakers and hobble around like an old lady.  It was all basically free weights, and core. Really, core?! I don't have one. I've never missed one. And it's so hard. BUT you know what, I told myself I'm going to push it for 12 weeks and see what happens. After that I can continue on with him, do it myself or swear of working out for the rest of my life because he'll make me hate it. Ha. Kidding. We don't want an obese little chunky monkey so even though I was a runner before, I'm making myself become more fit so Im' a good example to Gavs. I'm for the most part in all my clothes again but they do not fit like they used to. If I could drop just a little more weight like 8-10lbs it would be perfect! So here goes nothing. Adam, can kick my booty as much as he wants if it means I'll meet my goal :)

Speaking of Booty. Gavin LOVES sleeping with his in the air. I remember when he was in my belly he would literally always push his butt out. It hurt so bad and looked so rediculous but he still does it! I never noticed it until when we put him in his crib and watch him on the video monitor. He has a little tradition...Flip on his belly, strech his arms out, and the scootch them back in popping his booty in the air. Whatta cute little inchworm he is. When we're holding him against us he does the same thing. Hey You Mrrr Bootyyy.


Also, one by one we're getting our living room back. Mr Gavin has totally outgrown his playmat, and I'm thinking the swing might be next. Grante he's in it now but he can reach up and pull on the little birdsthat spin around his head, so I'm sure that will be put away soon. Kind of sad in a way, but it will nice to not have baby stuff EVERYWHERE. Granted, I'm sure I'm naive in thinking that and it will be quickly replaced with the next new thing he has to have.




Ok so this was random, BUT what better way to use your time when your kid is taking a 2 hour nap?! AFTER sleeping from 9-8 this morning...Must be he just couldn't keep up with his mom and dad's crazy night of shopping and dinner last night. Woo Hoo. Be jealous of our wild Friday Nights. They don't get much better than that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment