Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Living for the Weekend!

Wow two posts in one day!!! Ok well not really considering I wrote the other one last week, but let's count it so I feel like it's a record.

I should probably be working right now but ugh I need a break. Gavin's fast asleep, and Bryan's sitting here totally enthralled with Monsters Vs. Aliens. The sad thing is he's ALWAYS watching it!! Do you know how many shows I have on the DVR that I've been waiting to watch once the little boo is in bed, and now I'm sitting here watching this movie for the 100th time. I'm a freak and don't let him watch it when Gavman is around. I'm the crazy mom who will try to keep her kid from watching TV until he's 2 but I'm sure this rule will go away once I'm trying to get work done, relax, or have peace and quiet and he's old enough to watch TV. Let's hope not, but I can weak when it comes to things.

So we had the BEST weekend Ever. Loved it. We went home to New York and got to see my gram!! Aww she's so great. Gavin seriously is so in love with her, it's the sweetest thing ever. When he woke up and I took him out to see her he breaks out in the biggest smile, and does that every time he sees her. It was so adorable and made her so happy. Ah! Love it! We did so much while we were home. We had dinner with Brian and Tricia and our 5th little wheel Carebear. Ha kidding. Although she doesn't even know what a blog is, she'll probably never read it. The funniest thing ever was Bryan taking her phone bc she wanted a pic of her and Gavs, and he posted it to her FB and wrote, "Hey Everyone! I just adopted a baby boy from Russia. I'm so happy! He's perfect and his american name is Robbie". Hahahaaaa. Seriously all of these people started commenting right away about how wonderful that was, and God Bless her, etc and she had no idea how to delete it or comment back. Ohhh Brybear. The sad thing is my baby is white enough to be believed he is from Russia!! Our little caucasian babyyy. We also went to Spragues, my favorite restaurant ever, well maybe not ever but it's up there and then went to see my Aunt Bev. Gav man was a little show off for her, laughing, rolling everywhere, and doing his little creep. So cute!



For the record, the only reason you're wearing Spongebob is because we were in the privacy of gram's home and you are a roly poly oly now so I though you needed a compfy outfit.
Gavin isn't a fan of the Buckeyes Brian... He's our little Spartan!!
Gav you are getting SO big!! In the last couple of weeks you went from rocking on your hands and knees to rocking, and then throwing yourself forward and creeping! You will be a full fledged crawler so soon and I'm dreading it. You are already so hard to keep track of Mr. Rolly pants and Creepersneaker, but now it's about to get crazzzzy. Yikes. I'm not sure I'm ready for this :( I miss being able to put you on your play mat and you would just chill. Oh no, not anymore. You creep after everything, and end up all over the floor. Aww and you got your first little Ouchie this weekend at grams! I wasn't paying attention and you creeped your way into the bathroom, while up on your hands and knees you fell face first on to the floor. Poor babe! You got a huge red mark on your forehead and you screamed I felt SO SO SO bad. Your dad and I planned on acting tough whenever you get hurt so you don't turn into a little weak crybaby but nope. Totally not how it's going to be. I was almost in tears because I felt responisble and so sad that you were in pain. Ha. what is wrong with me?! Can we still blame it on pregnancy hormones 5 1/2 months after you were born?!? OH! And we got to meet your new NY BFF- Caleb Jayden. One of Mommy's BFF's Kara and Matt had their first baby boy just a few weeks ago. He is such a cute little peanut! You crawled under his swing, tried pulling off the toys on HIS play mat, and rolled across the floor getting into everything, while he slept in my arms...Made me miss the old days! :)


Anddd your little Teethers are starting to come in! Orajel is now our best friend, along with cold wet washcloths. The little frozen gummies make you scream because I think they hurt your poor little teeth. Which is kind of strange...I need to go stock up on baby tylenol but until then I will throw on the Orajel and hope for the best. I wish I could do more. I can feel your pointy little tooth starting to poke through and I can't even imagine how painful that must be. Ughh. The picture below is what we like to call your cabbage patch face but really it's what you do when we think your teeth are bothering you. Still So cute though Mr. Man.

Ok so now on to new exciting developments. We are now the proud owner of a cow. Well quarter of a cow. We went in with the Lenon's and I'm assuming 2 other couples and bought a cow. The thought that it's going to be killed for us to eat is a bit disturbing, but Im' focusing on the grass fed, lean prime cut steaks we're going to get from this baby!! We bought a freezer this weekend to put in the basement and it's all ready to be filled!! YUMMMMM! Although regardless of how great our new cow will be (ha how funny is that to write out?!) nothing will EVER compare to our fav- Buffalo Wings from the Bar Bill. It's probably good I'm out of New York. I could eat these babies every day of my life. Actually a few times a day. For life.





Alright, once again. Random. I guess I should get started on registering my professors for MyCommunicationLab and MySocLab insetad. Enough procrastinating for one night. Ughhh... Let's end on a fun note. Below is a picture of our drive. This is part of New York where I grew up. So gorgeous!! Far from crazy New York City right?! But I love it and couldn't ask for a better place to call home!


No comments:

Post a Comment