Sunday, September 11, 2011

We have a FIVE Month old on our hands!!

Seriously, Gavin has been here for 5 months?! Next year he will have been in our lives for half of year. How did that happen?? Everyone says enjoy every minute because it goes by so quickly, and it really does. What I don't get is I felt like I was pregnant F-O-R-E-V-E-R. Like the weeks ticked by soo slow but now each week is flying. I used to get so excited on Thursdays because that was the day I'd let myself read "What's happening this week" in Baby Center, so I could see how my little grape, jicama, cantelope, melon, etc was doing that week. Now the weeks are flying by like no one's business and it needs to slow down.

So, HAPPY (belated by 2 days) five months Bday Mr Gaveyman. I love you so much. Seriously every day I fall more and more in love with you, yet how is that possible because I love you so much already! You are the greatest thing to happen in my life. One of the guys I work with mentioned that I'm always a happy person, but when I talk about you, my face lights up even more. Ok, writing that out sound creepy, but just know that you are SO loved Mr. Man.

A few highlights in the last month...
  • I think we're going to have a crawler on our hands soon! In the last 2 weeks you've managed to figure out how to get up on your knees and hands and look like you're ready to take off! You kneel there and rock back and forth, just trying to figure out how to go. You bull doze now, which you've done for awhile, but now you are speedy! You get up on all fours, and charge ahead with your head down. Your grandma thinks within the next 2 weeks you'll be crawling and I might agree. Then the baby proofing will begin.Which I don't even want to think about.
  • Your favorite thing in the world is your Baby Einstein and your Johnny Jump Up. You like to bend your knees and try to jump as high as you can, laughing while you do it. If we don't sit there and watch you, you get a little angry and start whining Mr. I needtobethecenterofattention. Hmmm...wonder where you get that from?! DAD?? Ha!
  • You have pretty good hand and eye coordination. Your not a big paci-guy but you love pulling it out of your mouth and putting it back in...over and over and over again.
  • You now can go to sleep on your own like a BIG BOY! Your dad and I put you in bed around 8:00-8:30 every night and you fall asleep all by yourself. You also wake up on the other end of the bed, upside down but that's a different story :) You still sleep through the night really good, You sleep from about 8:30-7:30 every day. Although we will have to change that now that mom's going back on campus to work and you'll need to be at daycare by 7:30-7:45 every day. Yikes! We'll see how that goes this week :)
  • You love to roll around and around. We will lay you on your back and you will roll constantly across the room all the way to the other side in seconds. You then like to push yourself up and look around to make sure we're watching.
  • Your closet shrunk in half (Well for like 2 days, then your mom and dad when on a little shopping excrusion the last few days and bought you wayyy too many clothes!). I cleaned out all of your clothes NB-6 months and almost got a little teary doing so. Looking at the little outfit you came home in, it's hard to picture you that small :( But I'm sure I"ll look back and say the same thing about the clothes you're wearing now. Thankfully we just bought tons of 12 months-18 months clothes so I can look at those hanging there and feel good knowing you're not THAT Big yet. Although I doubt it will be long before you are.
  • You still like blowing bubbles, and babbling but now you SHREEEK. You will jump in your johhny  john up and squeel and sqweek at the top of your lungs the whole time. I thought it was cute the first few times, now it can be slightly annoying. Well ok it was the other day when all I wanted to do was watch a few minutes of Keeping up with the Kardashians and I couldn't over your screaming. I guess the only solution is to get your daddy to love Kim, Kourt, and Khloe as much as me so we can watch it once your in bed.
  • You are obsessed with the cats. Whenever they walk by you, your face literally lights up like they personally strolled in the room to tell you that they love you. You haven't figured out how to pet them yet, so instead you grab a handful of their fur and don't let go. You also love to try and grab their tail. Maybe one of these days we'll let you, so they'll stop trying so hard to compete for our attention.

Finally I feel like I should also mention that today is the 10th anniversary of one of the saddest days in our country's history. Watching the events on TV this morning, made me look at life in a new way now that I have you. I've always been heartbroken over what happened, but now that I think of all the moms and dads out there whose lives were lost and they will never be able to hold their babies and kiss them and snuggle them makes me so much sadder. We watched the news coverage of the attacks this morning, and sat there crying. I remember driving to campus during my first year of college. I sat at a red light listening to the news on the radio, and looked over to see a flag that was raised only half way blow in the wind on the cold and rainy day. It seemed so symbolic. I remember looking over at people in their cars next to me, with their hands over their mouths and tears streaming down their faces as they heard the same news that I did. I remembered trying to call home and cellphones weren't working because everyone was trying to use it at the same time. Schools were closed, the city of Bufflo was somewhat shut down and no one could make sense of what happened. I still can't really grasp it our make sense of it. It was a day that made me realize how frail life really is, and how everything can be turned upside down in a matter of minutes. I was never so proud to be living in America, and to be a New Yorker as I was during the weeks that followed. I also was thankful I had the hope and faith in God knowing, that He is truly in control, and regardless of what happened or happens in my future I will be ok. I know you will too Gav, I pray for you dailly and I love you so much. We tried to take today, a day that this morning started out so sad and turn it around the best we could. We went to church, heard a great message, and then went to Valhalla Park to witness over 30 people being baptized. It seems redepemptive and really moving to hear the stories from everyone. There was a really elderly man, young children and so many people in between. So moving and so cool to be a part of today...even if you thought it made perfect sense to stick your drooly hands in the sand and then stick both fists in your mouth. I think you are alllll Boy Mr. GaveyGav.







No comments:

Post a Comment