Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oops I did it again!!

I just went wayyy too long before updating this- I'm SO sorry Gav. I'm sure you're heartbroken right?! My goal really was to have this great baby book for you on your 1 year birthday with everything we've done the first year, and now it will be 10 posts, each 30 pages long! Yikesss!

So I'll be quick in order to catch up on everything and mark my words, I will do better next time. Or don't because I say that everytime and I have yet to actually do it! I think about it, but then I think nooo that'll take too long, I'll do it later. Plus I've been anti-computers lately. Although that should probably change now that I'm back to work!! :)

  • Fourth of July was SOOO great! We went up to Ludington with our friends Nate and Neena and their 2 kiddos. We stayed with Nate's parents at their GORGEOUS home which is right on this private pond, with a huge porch that over looks it. They even have their own sauna which we didn't check out because we were so busy and it was so hot anyway we didn't really need it.  We had so much fun, Bryan got to fish,  kayak, shoot off fireworks, and spend time talking to Nate's dad all about politics and the downfall of Nasa :) I on the other hand, drank wine, totally relaxed and stayed up the one night until 1 or 2 in the morning chatting with Neena all about life while overlooking the pond. It was actualy really nice and much needed! We all went to the beach together which was BEAUTIFUL, white sand beaches, where Bryan and Nate built a huge sand castle that they (esp Bryan!) was very proud of. Gavin and I chilled under an umbrella and watched- Wooo hooo. Wow has my life changed little Gavey man :) Mom just didn't want you getting all those crazy sun rays. Although I'm sure if you stepped out from under the umbrella Neena would have been there with a bottle of sunscreen! We also ate at this reallllly good fish place that is over 100 years old and that Nate loooves, which I can now see why. You go in, pick your fish and they fry it fresh for you. We took it to the beach, and sat, watched the sunset, and just relaxed. It was so peaceful and so nice. It makes me want to move up north so we can have tons of nights like that...Although I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon?! Maybe when we're old and retired. Although I think I'd much rather move to California then?! :) Seriously it was one of the best weekends ever!! Gav LOVED it, and was soo good!! Both nights you slept like a little superstar!! The last night you slept from 9:30-8:30 the next morning, I guess you just can't hang with the big dogs yet Gav.
  • Speaking of Sleep- within the last 2 weeks our little Gaveyman started sleeping through the night!! We have a little routine which I think helps. We have splishsplash bathtime, then lotion and clean jammies, then you chug your little bottle and we rock you to sleep. It's perfect, and it's nice to have a little schedule. You're even sleeping in your crib now Mr. Independent!!! I cried the first night because I missed you in my room- yes I'm pathetic. Your dad told me I needed to let go and that I couldn't snuggle with you when you're 16 so it has to end sometime. I disagree though, we can cuddle as long as you want Mr. Man. You usually sleep from about 10:00-7:00, although you wake up whining around 4 everrry night you're in your crib because you're a little inchworm who scootches on your belly from the bottom of the crib to the top every night. It's so cute to watch when you're on the floor, but not so much when I have to go in and pull you back down to the bottom because you keep ramming your head against the top of the crib.

  • 
    
    
    • This last weekend we went home to NY for our reunion and you got to see the whole family!! You looove gram and gave her the biggest smiles all weekend! It was so sweet Gav and I know it meant the world to her. She got a little choked up when she kissed you goodbye, so thank you for making her feel soo soo loved. It was really special to all of us!! Your cousin Jennie watched you while we went to the reunion, and you kind of gave her a hard time!! You refused to sleep and just wanted to look around at everything. That's the problem when we take you out of your house, you are so intersted in everything around you, you won't sleep. Although it kind of works bc you crash at night and you'll sleep around 9-10 hours. So I won't complain. Not one bit.
    • You're now quite the little talker. Within the last couple of weeks you found your voice and you talk and talk and talk. My favorite is your little laugh, although I'm not sure to think it's cute or be offended when I was singing Mommy is sooo smarrrt to you yesterday you'd start laughing at me like I was crazy, and then I'd sing daddy is so smarttt and you'd give me a dirty look, like duhhh mom.Hmmm. I wasn't too amused Gav. ;) 
    • You're now 3 months old too Mr. Big guy!! It's crazzzy how quickly the time has flown by. Can it go slow from here on out?! Please! I'm officially back to work and it's not too bad. I'm easing my way back in and I'm finally caught up on everything. Now it's time to hit up our bookstores and get lots of orders in. I'm taking my little secret weapon with me- You! GaveyGav!! We get to spend the morning together hitting up bookstores and they're going to be enamored by your cuteness that they're going to order DOUBLE what they planned on, right?! That's our plan, don't let me down. Just kidding. You could neverrr let me down :) You're also, according to other parents and Grandma Jan at the gym, a strong little man. You're able to pull yourself up while holding onto our fingers, stand straight up (which you now prefer which is a little challenging when I want to do other things while holding you), roll over from back to side, and stomach to back, and you hold your head up so strong, although you've been great at that from the beginning. You also have the strongest grip ever which is cute until you try to pull my fingers apart and hair out of my head. Ease up big guy.

    • You may be embarrased,but probably not because by the time you're old enough they will be playing her songs on the Oldies station and you'll think your mom is so lame BUT Neena and I are going to see Britney Spears next month!! We're both die hard Brit Brit fans so there we will be, singing the songs, smiling at Britney and having the time of our lives. I can't wait! You will get to spend the day chilling with dad, while your mom is away and texting him constantly to make sure you're ok. I can see it now!!
    Ok. I think that's it?! Here's to doing better next time. Or not. :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment