Thursday, June 30, 2011

World's Longest Post...but LOTS has happened what can I say?!

...Happy 5 Years to my Brybear...

Last weekend Bry and I celebrated our Big 5 year anniversary!! It was honestly the best weekend ever and sooo much needed! Bryan's parents took our little Gavs for the night, which can I just say is getting easier?! Well kind of. I did great at first and then on Sunday I got a litte teary when a girl walked by with the same stroller as Gav's and I just wanted him there with me. Not to mention the few calls I made Bryan make to check on him through out the night. BUT it was a MAJOR improvement from last time! Progress right?! I'm not sure how I'm going to go 4 days without him next month while I'm in FL for work, but at least this is prepping me a litttttle bit for it.
Anyways...Friday night Bryan came home from work with flowers and a really nice card. I have to say I'm not a big "card person" but I loved this one. He wrote the sweetest things ever and it was just so special. It's now hanging proudly on my refridgerator :) He told me to hurry up and get dressed bc we had dinner reservations, for the two of us and our little man. I knew it was going to be a GREAT night because when trying to figure out what to wear I threw on my pink BCBG dressed that I bought last year, thinking there is no way this is going to fit, why am I doint this to myself?! But guess what?!?!?! It Fit!!! Granted it's not like how it fit last year at this time, BUT it zipped and felt really comfortable! I tried it on a few weeks ago and there was nooo way that zipper was going to make it to the top, but this time it zipper right up! wooo hooo!!

I wanted Gav with us Friday which was our actual anniversary so the 3 of us got dressed, and went to Troppo's which is one of our favorite restaurants in Lansing. We ordered the calamari (which is my favorite thing there!! SO good!), had a few cocktails and wine, and then I had the best shrimp and scallops of my life. Yummm so good, it also came with polenta which I love! Bry then said don't order desert I've already taken care of it. So we leave and Bryan gets a box out of the back of his car which had Sugar Shack Cupcakes in it- my favorite dessert spot in Lansing! I haven't had one since I've been preggo which is a wonder bc I've been craving them foreverrr but yummm they were so good! He got both chocolate mint and chocolate peanut butter. I could only eat half bc wow they are so sweet. How did I put down a full one ever?! That's just insane. Thennnn on the way home he turns the wrong way, and got annoyed bc by this time I just wanted to be home out of my dress in comfy clothes and snuggled up. Instead he pulled into one of the parks in our town and pulled right up to the river. Then he pulled out a little box out of his jacket pocket, and the man bought me new pandora charms (inc one with Gav's birthsone on it that I LOVE!) and another pandora bracelet so I can begin filling up another, since after all the new charms he bought mine "old" one is finally full!! Wooo hooo. Love it and I for once was totally surprised.

Then the next day, we met Bry's parents in Holland, and we stayed at the City Flatts Hotel, which is really nice and modern. I really liked it! I've never been to Holland before but it's near the beach and is SUCH a cute little town with tons of little boutiquey shops and restaurants.

When we first got there we ate on the roof at the bistro in the hotel, and had some drinks and split a realllly good flat bread pizza. Then we left and walked around and went to a few of the shops. I was getting a little hungry and Bry wanted to try the New Holland Brewery so we eventually stopped there and had more drinks and split a really good appetizer with tons of different cheeses, proscuitto, salami, bread, crackers- SO good! It really was the perfect little snack :) Although it really was huge and I probably ate wayyy more than I should have! But that's what celebrating is all about right?! The weather was perfect so the front of the restaurant was completely opened up so it felt like we were sitting outside which was really nice. We then left and went across the street to the Irish Bar and had you guessed it- a few more drinks! Granted I was sober sister all night, not sure how that happened?? BUT it was nice just spending time with My Bry, and waking up the next morning I felt perfect! We left here were asleep by midnight and slept through 11:00 the next day!! First of all, since when do I have a night out and I'm back by midnight, and second of all I haven't slept in that late since college. Wow I'm old!! Gav what have you done to me?! Ha

On the Roof with my Squinty Brybear
Bry's VERY well thought out beer sampler. You would
think he was making a major life desicion when it came to this.


The next morning we checked out and then walked to town and had breakfast and the best breakfast place everrrr. I seriously could go back right now just for the toast and eggs and I'm not a breakfast person. Wayyy to go windmill restaurant! :) We ordered a TON of food, but let's just count it as breakfast and lunch so I dont feel like such a gluttonous person! Then we had a little over an hour to kill so we went to a few more shops, but some things for ourselves and a book for Gav. (It's called the Human Race by Jamie Lee Curtis- who knew?! But it's soo cute!! It's all about running and different people, it's a great Children's book and I had to get it for him). From there we went to Kilwins and I had cake batter ice cream in a M&M waffle cone...Clearly I was not counting calories this weekend, but I loved every minute of it!! I wish everrry weekend was like this. Ok no I don't. I couldn't handle EVERY weekend away from you Gav. That would be a little tooo much for this girl. You're just too fun to be around what can I say?!

Breakfast of Champions


One of the "Few" calls checking on our bambino
 Amazzzingly good ice cream. Don't mind my face. Or high hair for that matter.
Oops!



Anyways this weekend goes in the books as one of the Best. Weekends. and Anniversary. Ever. Last year we were laying on the beach in Jamaica sipping on cocktails out of coconuts, and this year we were in good old Holland, MI. But I wouldn't trade it for the world. We decided we're goign to do weekend aways ever other month. Even though it's always hard to be without ya Gavs, I think it's good for your mom and dad! :)

Ok...Enough about Us!!

LOTS Of big things happened in the world of Mr. Gavs this week! First- we found a daycare that I LOVE!! Well, love as much as I can for being a daycare, and knowing that means I won't be spending ever second with my little man... Boooooo!! Last week Bry and I spent the day doing the daycare circuit :) We went to a few centers, and homes and ultimatly decided on a daycare that is based out a home. It's less than a mile away, and the lady who runs it is so great and the house it really nice. Basically they built on to their house, and the addition is built specifiically for her daycare.

Gav will be the youngest, which I like so he won't be competing for attention from other babies and she understand that as a first time mom I'm so nervous adn want to make sure he gets lots and lots of love :) She has 3 assistants all of which know CPR/first aid, etc and they work with the babies and kids so they don't just sit there, they actually teach them which is so important to me. He'll get tummy time, nap time, story time, and lots of snuggles- perfect!! When he gets older she cooks the kids healthy breakfasts and lunches which will save me time, and make life easier. She also takes them on field trips a few times a year (the parent's of one of the kids owns Jumpin Jax in Lansing so they go there quite a bit). She also has a huge outdoors with tons of bikes, toys, and a little kids push roller coaster. It's all fenced in with high fences which I also liked so no creeps could stare in. (I watched the Lovely Bones a few wks ago and now I'm paranoid of people watching kids, etc...I'm crazy I know! Ha!). Literally we walked in and met her and I knew that "this is the place!" She made us feel really comfortable and told me I could swing by anytime to see him. It's a little pricey but it's worth it for my Gav and my own peace of mind. Plus I like it SO much better than the centers. I literally started getting teary in one of them because it reminded me of a baby mill and wayyy to cold and structured. The one we found is really great, and it feels like a family, which makes me feel so much more at ease and less stressed out about this whole situation. Gav I have no doubt you're going to be in SUCH great hands, and I can't wait until your old enough to come home and tell me how much fun you had and all about your little friends :)

Although how can I not miss my little BFF?!



We have a big boy on our hands!!!

The last two days you have grown up so much Gav!! Two nights ago you slept in your crib all night all by yourself for the very first time! We gave you a bath, which is the cutest thing ever because you now LOVE your bath and just smile and laugh. So cute! Anyways. We gave you a bath, got you in your jammies, and then I laid you in your crib and just patted your back and you fell right asleep! I kept watching you on the baby monitor and I wanted to run upstairs and grab you to snuggle but your dad wouldn't let me. You slept there without a peep until 2:30 which then your dad gave you a bottle, and put you back in your crib!!! You then slept until 6, when your little belly was hungry again, and then slept again until about 8:30ish. Way to go you!!!! THENNNN. Even bigger news! Last night, you slept in your crib again, and your dad put you in there about 11:00, I think?! (I was actually sleeping on the couch and apparently when your dad woke me up to tell me to go to bed I was reallllly crabby?! I don't believe it for a minute. Ha!) This morning, I rolled over, looked at my clock and saw it was 8:00. I asked your pops what time he fed you at, and he said he didn't...wait, what?! I got a little nervous thinking something was wrong, esp since the video monitor wasnt by my bed, and next thing I know, your father walked in holding, a verrry cute and snuggly little Gavin!! You Slept through the WHOLE night!!! Can you please do that again tonight Mr. Bigboy?! Part of me is really sad because I feel a little less needed, but the other part of me really liked getting a full nights sleep, and not having to worry about tripping over you in the middle of the night since you normally sleep in your bouncy or the top of the bassinett's changing pad...shhhh. that's probably not a good thing?! Either is the fact you'll only sleep on your stomach, but if that's how you're comfortable, and as long as you don't have blankets by your face, I'll let ya do it. Just don't tell your Dr. ok Gaveyman?!

Ok the Diaper Changer isn't as bad as it sounds- You love it Gav!

Your first night sleeping in your big boy crib!!
So grown up!!


And that's it!! How about next time I learn not to save EVERYTHING up and split it up a bit so it's not a crazy long novel?!

No comments:

Post a Comment