Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sleeping Baby and a Glass of Wine

So Gavey is sound asleep so what's this momma doing?! Sitting here drinking a glass of cabernet and enjoying every single second of this peace and quiet :) Gav- your mom REALLY does love hanging out with you alllll day everrrryday but, a time or two to myself when I'm home is sometimes nice. You like to be held and snuggled and this girl lifted a little too much yesterday and I'm feeling it today, so I'm enjoying my little break!

...Our First Father's Day...

Sunday we celebrated our first Father's Day!! Well we actually celebrated the whole weekend...that's how we do things around here. So Friday night we went out for a nice dinner, and took Gaveypants with us, and ate wayyy too much food. Then Saturday we spent the whole day together as a family, I gave Bry all of his father's day gifts which included Bob Marley CD, Mumford and Son CD, and a book all about beer to go with his little keggerator I got him for his bday, we just hung out the 3 of us all day which waws GREAT!! Then we hit up Riv's Sat service since we were goign to be out of town on Sunday, and we came home then our friends surprised us by calling and stopping over. We had a great time with them as always but I accidently drank a wholllle bottle of Skinnygirl Margartias Oops! I guess it was going down a little too easy! Then Sunday we went to Bryan's parents and spent the whole day there with his family. We had a great time, we  it was ncie to go see his parents at their house since we haven't been there in SO long. We ordered Spanky's pizza and breadsticks, and just hung out. When we got home on Sunday night we were so exhausted so we just watched a movie and went to bed. Thankfully Gav was exhausted and slept really great for us- so thank you for that Mr. Man.!!

Bry's Dad gave him this shirt, and he wore it proudly!!

This is the cutest shirt ever...it says "My Pop is the coolest"
Gav wore it with style! Cutey little boy!!

...Mommy Rage...

Gav and I get up and go to the gym every morning so we can for one, get out of the house, and for two get back in shape. Well yesterday I walk into the baby care area (they will watch him for 1 hour in the morning while I'm working out, and 1 hour at night until he's 6 months old...then it goes up to 2 hours- which would be great so I could actually have time to hit up the Steamroom and shower before I come home). Anyways. I walk in yesterday and there are seriously a million kids in there. One little boy Max, ran up to Gavin when I was signing him in, and started rocking his car seat really hard. I put my hand out and nicely said, "no, no we don't touch baby Gavin", so he looked at me and took his little plastic toy animal and threw it at Gavey's little head!! I never wanted to pick up another child and throw them so bad in my life. Thankfully one of the workers came and pulled him away and yelled at him, but seriously?! The funny thing is, when I was working out, the director came and got Max's dad and told him that he needed to go because he wasn't listening. Ha! What now, how about you go home and teach him not to throw things at my son. Ughhhh. But then, I got to thinking what if My Gav is ever the bully?! I hope I'm not one of those mom's who believes there child does no wrong, because that won't help Gav out at all in the long run. It made me really think about discipline and, how we're going to handle different issues as they come up. It was nice to talk to Bry about it because we're both on the same page about everything. I just REALLY hope I'm not an overbearing, overprotective mom, but I think I just might be...Watch out Gav, now is a fair warning. But, trust me that I will work on it, and try my hardest not to be, because I don't want to be "That" mom. 


Gav don't worry, no one will ever hurt your cute little face.
Mom and Dad will protect you. Always. Lucky you! :)

...Mommy Guilt...

I hope this gets easier and I get over it but I'm already feeling sooo guilty about putting Gav in daycare. All the girls I talk to at the gym reassure me that it's ok and that it's good for him, but I hope he doesn't feel abandoned. Yesterday when we were at the gym, they had to come get me bc Gav wouldn't stop crying. They couldn't figure it out, and either could I because he really NEVER cries when he's there or really when he's out in public. He normally just sits there and looks around. I walked in to pick him up and wanted to cry bc he was sticking out his little lip with tears streaming down his face. Ok I'll admit it, I got choked up when I was teling Bryan about it! I'm weak!! Ha! Anyways. he stopped the minute I took him, and he did the same thing the other night when my friend who's been around him a million times was holding him. I just feel like he's afraid I'm going to leave, or that he'll be alone, or something crazy like that?! I've heard of mommy guilt before but never thought I'd be feeling it already. The thing is, I'm still going back to work. I honestly love my job so much and I love being out of the house that I really don't think I could ever be a stay at home mom. A mom that I'm becoming friends with at the gym, is going through the same thing so it makes me feel so much better that I'm not alone. She can admit it's bc she likes money too much, and I have to say I'm also used to a certain lifestyle and going down to just one income would mean changes that I really don't want to make, is that bad?! Gav I hope you don't take it the wrong way. I just want your dad and I to be able to give you a great life with lots of nice things, and I honestly think daycare will be good for you too. You'll meet lots of new friends, learn independance, and get some time away from your crazy mommy :)

...Our Anniversary Weekend...
Finally can I just say I'm sooo pumped for this weekend!! It's our anniversary- the big FIVE years! I can't wait to see what Bry's planned. I know he was originally going to have his parents here on Friday-Sat to watch Gavin, and then have our friend's Nate and Neena take him Sat-Sun but I told him let's just do Sat-Sun and have his parents out. Our friends have 2 little ones themselves, they don't need Mr GavPants keeping them up all night. Plus he has to work a couple hours on Saturday so Friday would have to be low key anyways. So I think the 3 of us will go to our favorite restaurant, either Troppos or Dusty's on Friday night, and then we're spending the night in GR on Sat night. I know he made dinner reservations somewhere, and I have a new dress and can't wait to have a night out on the two in GR! It's been SO long!! Then next year we're going to go away for a week somewhere tropical and fun since this is the big five and we have to stay close by. Which Gav- is totally fine. I would not survive a week away without you, I need a year to prepare myself for anything like that. and hopefully I will be able to do it, even then!! When did I turn into such a clingy mom?!


I love you BryyBry!! Can't wait to see what the next year
has in store for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment