Friday, June 10, 2011

Ok Time. You can Slow down now.

Happy 2 months to you Gaveypants!! Well granted your birthday was yesterday, but your mom is horrible and thought you were born on the 10th not the 9th!! Oops! Good thing your dad is around, otherwise we might need to pull out the birth certificate every year so we know when to celebrate. Thankfully I did unknowingly take a pic of you on your 2 month bday Mr. Big Boy!!

Two Month Well Baby Appointment:

Today you had your 2 month check up, and you took it like a champ!! Even though your mom was a bit of wreck since you had to get your first round of shots. Boooo!!! Granted, if it means they're going to keep you healthy I'm all for it!! You did SO good, your dad came for part of your appt but then had to go back to work, I'm glad he was there to help give me my moral support :) When they gave you your shots, you screamed the saddest scream in the world, then settled down the minute I picked you up and snuggled. You were even smiling and cooing within a minute of your last shot- I'm so impressed!! You must get your toughness from your dad, and I'm so proud of you!

Right after your Shots My little Champ



Your weight: 12.95 putting you in the 75th percentile
Your height: 24 inches long putting you in the 80th percentile
Your head: I don't remember the exact inches but you were in the 50th

You also hold your head up as good as a 4 month old, and can stand up very well because you're such a strong little baby!! You'll be going for runs with your mom and playing football and soccer with your dad in no time! Although maybe it's better we don't run together. I get mad when your dad can run longer/faster then me because I get competitive, and I might get the same with you?! Ha. Just kidding. Maybe.

We can also start you on some fruits and veggies if you act hungry and want to try them...although I'm a nervous wreck about everything and think we'll hold off on that for a little while :)

SO many Firsts!!

Since the last 6 week posts we've done so many new things like...
  • Went camping with our friends and your little girlfriend Quinn over Memorial Weekend in Indiana. It was SO much fun hanging out, having some drinks by the fire, going to the beach, surviving the craziest storm I've ever been in which knocked out the electric for the whollllle day. We even went to the Satek winery which was SO good, and came home with 6 bottles of wine. The Mango wine, wow amazing! I hate fruit wine, but I loooove the Mango! Yum. I actually might pour myself a little glass this afternoon since it's sooo gross and rainy!!
Hanging out our first night


My First Trip Wine Tasting...I wasn't too impressed


Snuggling with Dad at the campsite!



  • You went on your first overnight without us, and stayed with your grandparents the first weekend in June so your dad and I could have a night out on the town for my bday. I was a wreck though. How am I ever going to let you go off to school and college? I might have to go with you, I don't like you being away from me for so long!! I was a wreck the night before you went, the hour before you left, and the whole time you were gone. Your dad and I are pathetic and had to watch videos of you and look at pictures while we were out with friends that night. Yikes! You can be embarrased of us, I would be.
  • You now go to the Y a few times a week, and hang out with Miss Patty and Grandma Jan and your new buddy Vincent. They all love you since you're the youngest, and in my opinon the cutest!! :) We had to exaggerate on your age a bit since you have to be 2 1/2 months, but that's ok. You;ve got to do what you've got to do! Although I Don't condone lying or exaggerating, so don't do it with me. I always find out. Trust me.
  • You now "talk" and smile all the time. I love it! You're seriously the happiest little guy ever in the morning after we feed and change you. You seriously just smile and laugh and talk and I love it! It's my favorite time of the day, just snuggling and smiling :)

Morning Cuddles time





I guess that's it for the BIG firsts!! A BIG first for me, is I started running again!! Woo hoooooo!! I tried at 6 weeks and it hurt SOO freaking bad. Ugh. But when I was at the Y the other day I did a half hour on the eliptical and thought I'd TRY and run again to see how it felt...I was a little sore but I could push through it and ended up running 1.2 miles!! The next day I did just .60 of a mile because well for one I thought Gavman was crying in the baby area (there are windows so I can see him)...I'm a loser and I constantly am peeking in, partly to see how he's doing, and the other part so everyone in there knows I just had a baby and realizes I'm carrying baby weight, not just chub. Ha!

I always thought I was 100 percent ready to be back at work, and now the more I think about it, the more sad I'm getting to think about putting Gav in daycare. I really don't want to at all :( I'm going to miss him so much I could literally cry just thinking about it. He's my little bff and as much as somedays I would give anything to get out of the house in under 20 minutes without changing, feeding, burping, etc a baby, I wouldn't trade it for anything right now. We're looking at Appletree in East Lansing, they even have "apple cams" so I can hop on the computer and log-in and actually see how he's doing. They also teach baby sign, and he's assigned one care giver which makes me feel so much better. The only downside is, it's not in our town and I'd like something a little closer...I have a couple people who are e-mailing their friends in our town to get a few recommendations for me that I'll also look in to. As much as I hate the thought of putting him in daycare, I have to be honest and say I'm not the stay at home mom type. I think I'll be a better wife AND mom if I can get out of the house, do my job, feel productive, close some business, make money, and talk to people all day :)

Although it will be hard to leave this cute little snuggly monkey


Ok I think this is one lonnnnnng update! Hopefully I don't go so long in between next time :) I say that but I probably will. At this rate you will have 1 page in your baby book when I print this out for your bday...whichever day it is! Ha. Love you GavGav.

No comments:

Post a Comment