Friday, May 27, 2011

6 Weeks Later...

We made it! For some reason 6 weeks was the milestone in my head that things would have all fallen into place! I think for the most part I was right?!

I'm a runner again...Or Not

I had my 6 weeks postpartum check up, and everything is good! I can now officially start running and working out again. Woo hooo!! I've missed it so much! No one told me though that after 6 weeks I still will not be 100% :) I came home from my appointment so pumped to go for a run. I put on my running sneakers, new shorts, and favorite t-shirt. I hopped downstairs and was all ready to do 3 miles on the treadmill. Granted, I told myself not to be too crazy, so if I can't do 3 right away, be patient and at least get 1 mile out of the way. Ha, yeahhh that totally didn't happen. I warmed up for 5 minutes, and then started to run and it literally felt like my insides were going to fall out. Ugh SOO freaking painful :( I hopped off and did 10 minutes on the elliptical and cried the whole time!! I then came upstairs bawling how I'll never run again, and feeling totally sorry for myself. Poor Brybear! He told me to track where I'm at now and he promises within a few months I'll be back where I want to be. That didn't make me feel any better, because how would he know? So thankfully (for me, probably not for her :), but my friend Neena called. She was the lucky one to hear me answer the phone while crying and being a little dramatic I'm sure! She calmed me down and made me feel SO much better. She looks phenomonal and had a baby not too long ago so there is hope for me too!! I hope! :) So now I'm just trying to do what I can...Patience is a virtue and I think I will definitly be learning this now more than ever. So until I'm fully back at it I'm doing what I can here and there whenever Gav naps...which is never. Perfect. BUT the exciting news is we're all signed up for stroller boot camp next week! Ha! Who would've thought?! Last year I was doing body pump, running and spinning, and this year Stroller Bootcamp it is!!  It should be fun though, at least it's something and will give me something to do Tuesday mornings other than sit here and stare at my child. My goal is next year at this time to run the Bayshore Marathon again with Brybear by my side! Or maybe I'll do Chicago in October to make up for missing it this last year due to being a little preggo mama.

Gavin's Life This Week

This was the first week we kicked the baby out of the bed and he's been sleepig between his bouncy seat and bassinet!! :) This is a MAJOR event in our house becuase before Bry and I were sleeping in different rooms. He'd have Gavin for the first half of the night in the guest room and I'd get him for the 2nd night in our room. Now we're all back in one room and I'm so much happier! I hated waking up without my Brybear by my side it was so lonely. Gavin's doing great at night. Usually we feed him around midnight, he sleeps until 4, we feed him again and he sleeps until around 8, and then sleeps again through 9-10...which is when he usually gets up to start our exciting day of songs, feedings, and story books.

And I just have to say we have the best friends and coworkers ever. Seriously the last 2 weeks, we've gotten 6 different packages sent to our house for gifts for Gavin. I'm so amazed by how generous and nice people are. Gavin you are one loved and lucky little boy already!! I will have the best dressed baby with the best toys on the block thanks to everyone!!

Gavin's little cousin Oliver was born this week in Grand Rapids. It was Gav's first trip to GR and we got to meet our newest little family member. He's absolutly adorable, and it's going to be so fun having two little boy cousins so close in age. We're already close to my neice and nephew, and we can't wait to get to know Baby Oliver. He has such long hair and the cutest little nose. He's already a very loved little man, just like his cousin Gavin :) We ate that night at the twisted rooster which was SOO good! Maple and Bacon Bruschetta, with fish tacos totally hit the spot. Thankfully we don't live closer or I'm sure I'd be there everynight and then I'd NEVERRR lose this baby weight! Yikes!

I think that's it...Not a very exciting week but I thought I better write something since we made it to the big 6!! Now off to celebrate Memorial Weekend. We're camping with friends in Indiana starting tomorrow and can I just say I can't even wait?! Bring on the mojitos, shopping, and wine tasting. This is my type of camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment