Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Becoming "THAT" person

Everyone tells you before you have a baby just how much they change your life. I knew the big things like, I'd fall completely in love with a little guy I've never met before, my life would have more meaning, I'd want to be a better person for my son, and all of the major things like that. However I didn't realize all of the little ways it would change me, and all of the things I would begin to do that I Swore I never would do. Things such as...

  • Writing a Blog?! Can I just say I literally had a conversation with friends less than a week earlier about how I thought people who write blogs were a little weird...Obviously do not take offense because here I am blogging away. I guess I just wish this was called something other than a blog. Ugh for some reason that word grosses me out.
  • We now ignore our pets. Whenever I'd go to any of our friends houses who have kids, I'd always be so offended when they'd tell me they were happy to see me pet their cats/dogs/whatever because they never get any attention. I would be so mortified and look at them a little differently. Now, we're lucky our cats are still alive because I can't tell you how many times I walk by and just notice that their water and food dish is totally empty, we literally kick them off the beds with our feet, and we no longer pet them bc we're either holding Gavin or cleaning our house. Poor little guys. This make me want to go pet them but I know I won't. Maybe I'll add a little pic.

  • I am a hypochondriac concerning my kid. Whenever I'm sick I try to suck it up, whenever Bryan's sick I make him suck it up, but whenever my son has the slightest little sniffle I'm on the phone with the Dr!!! Ahhhh. I'm totally that person and I hate it. So far we've been to the dr for a stuffy nose, called after hours because he had a cough, and the best one of all...Called after hours because he didn't poop for 2 days. Granted while they are on the phone walking us through how to check his temp, we took the diaper off and found quite the explosion. OF COURSE that's what would happen. Ever since that event we chilled out a bit on the Dr. Now we hopefully won't see her again until his 2 month check up where he's going to get shots, and I'm sure I'll be a crying wreck.
  • As you can see from the previous point, I can now say the word poop, talk about it, cheer when my baby burps, and I love when he toots bc he makes the cutest little face. If you know me I'm sure you've never heard me say ANY of these words before having him. I'm easily disgusted esp by burps, now I don't think twice about them when they come from my Gaveyman.
  • Going out with Bryan or friends and just talking about Gavin! Before Gavin when Bry and I would go out, I'd say promise me we'll never be that couple who is out without their kids and just talks about their kids. I'd like to think we had more of a life than that and tons of other things to talk about. Now we go out, and we're those people!!! We talk about how much we miss him, how happy we are now that we have him, how funny/cute/smart/etc he is, all the plans we have for him, all the plans we don't have for him. ahhhh. We're total saps for Gavin now and I have a feeling it's only going to get worse. Gavi n, I hate to say it but you have two parents who are totally obsessed with you!!
  • I am a complete worrier now when it comes to the saftey of Gavin. I used to pray everytime Bryan walked down the stairs with him that he wouldn't trip and fall on him, driving around with him in the backseat during a rain storm can send me into a panic attack, if he doesn't look like he's breathing I poke him, whcih is rediculous because that usually wakes him up, and the thought of him going off to kindergarten and driving a car paralyzes me. He will never be allowed to date, be alone with a girl, look at alcohol, or have friends other than church friends. He's destined to be a little sheltered hermit and I'm ok with that.
I guess that's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there are SO many more!! Even those these are little ways my life has changed, some for the better, some just because I'm crazy, he's changed my life in ways I would never take back. I've never been so happy, felt so fullfilled, been so in love, with anything in my life (Besides of course Brybear...) but my love for Gav is different. He's the best thing in the world, and I can be completely content just staring at him for hours smiling (crreeeeepy I know!) but he's my bff for now, and I really can't (and don't want to ever) picture my life without him. I love you little Gaveypants!!!!



Oh and before I forget...Happy belated one month to my favorite little boy in the world!!! We love you Little Man!! Don't worry your mom is starting to feel the same way about birthdays...



2 comments:

  1. LOVE this blog entry. I was literally laughing out loud. When my hubby asked why, I replied, "because my friend Dorelle was just able to come up with the words for how I feel!" In particular: pets (reading, I thought, I should go pet the dog... nah.), being a hypochondriac, talking about Grady whenever we're not around him, oh, and, discussing poop (i.e. "you should have seen, blah blah blah (about Grady's BM.)) Yep, I'm THAT mother, too. Wish we lived closer! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah that is so funny!!! I am SO glad to know that I'm not the only one who does all of this :) I SO wish we lived closer too! If we get up north this summer I"ll let you know. I'd love to see you, maybe we can pack up the kids and grab some gelato!! :) Ahhh SARAH you're SOOO freaking close. Can't wait to see the news!

    ReplyDelete