Friday, July 15, 2011

Backkk to Work!

Could someone please tell me where the last 12 weeks went?! Seriously! I can't believe my maternity leave is officially over. I'm torn. Part of me is so sad because it's been nice to just chill and be on my own schedule, but the other part of me has to say, it feels good to be back at it! I've missed my professors and it's so nice to get e-mails from them asking about Gav and telling me that they're happy I came back! Although this time around it's going to be a litttttle different because of a few changes that went on, but all in all it's going to work out I have no doubt!

In all honesty during the last couple days, I contemplated quitting my job and staying home with Gav. Who would've thought?! BUT I'm in sales and I'm set up to have a really great year this year, so I don't want to walk away now. I'd be leaving my bonus check on the table, and after walking all over my territory, carrying a heavy bag and laptop up until I was 9 months pregnant, I would be crazy to leave now. Plus with my job it's easy to ease your way back into it. Actually right now I can bring Gav along with me, which is what we did this week. He's a huge hit, plus I think it's going to help me increase my sales! It's one thing to say no to me, but it's another thing to say no to a little cutey patootey who's staring at you with these big brown eyes!! He's my little secret weapon, so watch out other reps!! You've got nothing on this dream team!

So what's new in the little man's life?! Well he's "crawling" both on his back and on his stomach. He literally picks the front half of himself up, and the picks his little butt up then scootches. It's soo cute! Well not so cute when he does it in his crib and then wakes us up because he's ramming his head into the top of it repeatedly. We drag him back down and he usually is back to sleeping at the top or crossways by morning. I wish I could safely tie his ankles to the bottom of the crib!! Shhhh!! :) We did have a little scare the other day though. He was chilling on his little play mat that Val got him, and I had to run upstairs to take a quick call. He normally lays on it and plays quietly so no big deal right?! Well I ran downstairs 2 minutes later and he was gone!! My heart dropped, then I found him, laying on his back across the room hitting his head against the wall. My rediculous anxiety ridden mind made me think someone snuck in and stole him...I need to stop watching anything scary. Ever. Or maybe just stop thinking because I always think the worst. What's wrong with me?! Poor Gav, I'm already a nervous wreck about you driving, and we have 16 years to go. Hopefully I'll relax a little by then!

Now that I'm going back to work I'm going to miss my gym friends! We're all there at the same time every morning, chit chatting about our kids, working out, and motivating each other. It's so sad :( Plus I'm going to miss Grandma Jan and Alicia in Tot Watch. I can go at night but there are different people in there then. They're great too, but I just love those morning ladies!! :)

This is another funnnn weekend for the Less Family!! We're going up to Boyne Mountain and staying at the Blue Green resort. My in-laws will be there along with Gav's cousins Owen and Olivia. It should be fun, they're a water park, beach, and we're sooo close to Petoskey. I think Bry and I will leave Gav for a night with his parents, and go shopping and have a nice romantic dinner there. I can't wait. I will most likely have to hit up American Spoon my favorite Gelato place too!! Bry and I were talking and already at 3 months Gav's been all over, even through another country. He told me to write it in his baby book, but that's so 2010!! Soooo for Bry's AND Gav's sake I thought I would just do a quick run down...Happy Brybear?!
  • New York twice (first time at 2 weeks- wow was I crazy?! and then again at 3 months)
  • Cleveland and had lunch with Val
  • Pennsylvania (although just to drive through...we did stop in Erie for a VERY tasty Chick-Fil-A sandwich :)
  • Canadaaaa (thankfully he would get fussy everytime we were waiting at customs, so they shipped us on through)
  • Indiana to go camping
  • Holland, MI
  • Ludington, MI
  • Grand Haven, MI (oooh all beach towns!! What are you a little water baby already?!)
  • And a bunch of little MI Towns to go shopping but I'm not going to count those. I'm not that crazy. I promise.
Ok better get back to work!! Enough procrastinating for this girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment