Saturday, July 23, 2011

Family Funnn Week!!

This has been hands down one of my favorite weeks ever. Bryan had off from work through Thursday so we got to spend SO much time together. We were originally supposed to go to Boyne over the weekend to stay at a resort with Bryan's parents and my neice and nephew but we ended up staying in the wonderful town of DeWitt so I could get work done. That probably doesn't sound very exciting at allll but, I am now officially caught up on EVERYTHING, and I feel so much better!!

I was getting so stressed thinkig about how much I had to get done before my busy season started again, but now I feel like a huge weight was lifted off of me. I can actually breathe and not feel like a stressed out mess. Which probably not only makes me feel better, but Bryan too becauseI can be a little crabby when I'm stressed out. Ha. Go figure?!  I also would just like to say I got the best compliment I ever recieved in my whole entire life! Bryan watched Gavin allll day Monday and Tuesday so I could run around to all of my bookstores, and get caught up on work things. At the end of those 2 days, he said "Wow Boo. I never realized how much work it was taking care of a baby. You do a really good job" :) Honestly nothing that earth shattering, and Bryan is really so appreciative of me and the fact that I take care of Gav, but it was nice to hear those words!! Sometimes I feel like my whole day has revolved around Gavin and I'm exhausted but then I think back and feel like I have nothing to show for it. He's even been telling our friends how much work it was, and how much he appreciates me which makes me feel so good. So thanks Bryguy!!

We also spent time during the week doing things we've been talking about doing but never getting around to it. We ate at soo many different restaurants in Lansing I probably gained 100lbs. Ugh bacccck to reality and eating healthy from here on out! We even hit up the Farmer's Market in Lansing, went to Sephora so I  could FINALLY spend my gift card (thanks to Neena!), walked the "boardwalk" in downtown Lansing, sat outside at night on our porch just chatting and having drinks, and spent time shopping. Although I hate that Bryan can walk into a store and find a million clothes that fit him perfectly, and I walk in try on a million clothes and walk out with only a couple things. Not fair! And esp not fair when you're still losing baby weight. Can't I just snap my fingers and it just fall off?! 10lbs to go and I'm there...No more cocktails on the porch, sushi dates, or ice cream for this girl for awhile! Yikes!

In the life of our little Gavey he's now a little roller man! We had friends over the other night and I laid him on our big smushy ottoman right on his little belly. He rolled on his side and then teetered on his arm FOREVER until he finally pushed himself over!! We were all soo excited!! Way to go Gavman!! The only problem is, he now is constantly rolling from his stomach to his back. It's fine when he's just laying on the floor and does it, but ughhh kind of annoying when he's in his crib. He went from sleeping 10:30-8:30 every night to now waking us up crying because he flipped on his back and he hates sleeping like that. He'll then scootch himself all over the crib trying to flip back but it doesn't happen. He looks like a little bug on his back when we go in there to flip him over so I can't get too mad :) Although the other morning after the 2nd time he did it wihtin like 2 hours I was a crabby little momma so his dad had to deal with it, as I whined about how I just wish we could put a brick on his back to keep him in one place and stomped into the other bedroom leaving Bry with Gav and the video monitor....At this point I should say I'm SO lucky to be married to a guy like Bry! He never gets frustrated or annoyed. I'm not sure how he does it?! I guess I could learn a thing or two from the old man ;)

Then last night we had our friends the Lenon's over. It was great, we got to grill out, chat, and drink some wine...or if you were the guys drink beer. lots. of. beer! Ha!  It was so fun hanging out with them and their fam. Although I think they were getting a little annoyed when Bryan kept shooting nerf darts at them when they were trying to play Wii.. I mean seriously you'd think Bryan was 10 the way he was shooting them and laughing. I hope Gav is a little calmer then his daddy, otherwise I'll be having LOTS of girls nights out of the house!!

On a more serious note, they actually made me think about a few things, and some changes that  Bry and I might have to make for ourselves. I'm afraid how this might affect a few of our friendships, but it gets to a point where I'm not sure how much longer I should tolerate certain things...They made me think a lot about the people in our lives. I give them SO much credit for descions they made. I tend to take the easy way out because I hattttte confrontation, but in some ways I think it's time I step out of my comfort zone a little and maybe be a little more selective about the people I choose to be around. Hmm...I'm not sure where this all came from?! I guess Bry and I have a little talkign to do and we need to figure somethings out for ourselves and our little fam now :)

And can I just say I feel like I'm somewhere else?! I wish I could sneakily take a picture out my window but my neighbors have like 20 cars parked all over their driveway and lawn and there are tons of people outside but they are ALL Asian! Bryan told me this morning before he left for work we've been invaded but I had no idea what he was talking about?! I think I"m on to him now. I keep hearing loud Asian yelling and I want to know what's going on?! I really hate being out of the loop here.

Ok so this was all a little random. I think it's time I stop thinking, and get out of my pajamas so I look like I've at least done something before Bry gets home!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment