Saturday, January 28, 2012

I'm drawing a blank here so let's leave it at that :)

So Mr. Gaverson. You're in bed sleeping and taking the longest nap ever. I have to say I'm VERY ecstatic about that. Is that bad?! I was able to catch up on my e-mails, clean the kitchen, and watch Top Chef which has been sitting in the DVR forever. Hmmm I wonder if I should attempt last week's Bachelor? Now that is what I would calll living it up! The TV is basically non-existant in our lives now that we have you. I'm starting to get the sense we should just get rid of it?!

I'm feeling like it's a bullet point kind of a day...
    
  • You had TWO Dr's appointments yesterday. Thankfully they were right across the hall from each other so that made it easy. Esp since they were only 25 minutes apart- but it worked out perfect!! You had your well baby check up. At 9 1/2 months Dr. Spates was SO impressed that you've been walking for the last few weeks, can say 4 words, wave hi and bye, and she thinks your one strong (and handsome!) little boyyy. But doesn't that go without saying?! Now on to the stats- you're 23 lbs putting you in the 75th percentile, and 30 inches (wait I need to double check this). I do know that you're in the 90th percentile for height which doesn't surprise me bc you seem soo tall. The best news is your perfectly proportioned, not too skinny not too chubby- just right! Ok shoot. I think I hear you waking up... Maybe not. You know if your dad plugged the video monitor back in I could check for sure but I have no idea where he hid it?! Bryannn.
  • 
    Chilling in the Waiting Room...Mom kept directing me towards the Power tools and
    away from the Kitchen Set. I'll thank her later.
    
  • We then had a dermotologist appt because you my son have a little rash all over your belly. We switched you to organic non-bleach, non cholorine, non-latex, no scented, non everything for your diapers but no change. They think it's eczema that's flaring up since it's so dry. Ugh I feel so bad for you! We've been greasing you up with Aquaphor like nobodys business and now we have to put a little ointment on you and go back in two weeks. Hopefully that takes care of it. Poor itchy baby!
  •   
    Hiding on Dr. Randall. Shhhh!
    
  • We (as in your dad and I- you could care less :) are in the process of house shopping!!! WOO HOO! I'm so excited. We're not in a hurry to sell because we like this home, but I feel like we're out growing it. Your stuff is every where and I'm feeling cramped. This house was perfect for the 2 of us, but now that you're here it's time to move on. Plus we live on a somewhat busy road so I'd rather be on a quieter cul de sac or side road. We actually found a gorgeous house right down the road (well off on a side road down the road) that's double the size of this house 4 bedrooms instead of 3, and a great backyard. That's what sold us on this house- open floor plan, nice backyard, deck, etc but this was has the same stuff just bigger. Plus the kitchen was just completely redone. The pics look great but we're going tomorrow to see if it's too good to be true. We're happy to be working with our realtor (shout to Cindy Beckwith since everyone in the Lansing area should use her!!). She is so great. Anyway since we're not in a hurry to sell we can take our time, until that perfect house comes along. Then we will either sell this one or rent it out. Preferably sell though...We'll see. It's just so exciting! We'll for sure be staying in DeWitt because I LOVE our town, our gym, our DeWitt friends, and Gavin's daycare. If we moved too far I'd still bring him to DeWitt for daycare since I love where he goes, and he loves it too.
  • Tonight is Tony's Surprise 30th bday party in Spring Lake. I was very excited to wake up to bad weather bc I thought that meant we could get out of it...Unfortunatly the sign is shining again so I think we still have to go :( I would much rather just chill here, maybe go out to dinner, or even go somewhere with your daddy-o for the night buttttt it looks like you'll be hanging with Aunt Renee and we will be surprising Tony and driiving home 2 hours in the morning. Booo. When did I get so boring?!
  • Work is back in crazy busy full swing but I love it! I'm having a hard time figuring out how to balance a long day on campus, e-mails and follow up, keeping the house clean, and eating but hopefully I'll figure it out...Hopefully for everyone's sake because my house is a disaster during the week, who am I kidding it's a mess now, and your dad has lived off of take out the last few days. Ugh. The good news is things are falling into place, and I don't think I've ever been so motiavated to close as much as I can. I was talking to one of the candidates who's applying for a position in my district and I told her to do whatever she can to get the job, work hard, and think outside of the box because she wants to work for Pearson. It's a great company and I truly LOVE what I do. It was great talking to her because it was a reminder to me that I'm fortunate to have a job that i love so much, and that can be so rewarding in lots of different ways.
Alrighhhht. I made it! I made it through this whole thing without you waking up!! Well I think you did, but i think you must have fallen back asleep. I would go check but I think I would much rather snuggle up on the couch and wait until you're REALLY ready to get up. Maybe by then your dad will be home, and between the two of us we can convince him that we both would much rather stay home and hang out. Sorry Tony. :)

Mom's chilled out and now let's me watch YO GABBA GABBA like we did this morning.
I had fun dancing and shaking my head to the beats. Don't mind my dirty house :)


No comments:

Post a Comment