Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy NINE Months Babe!!

Happy 9 Months Birthday to you Gavey!! Well granted it was yesterday but your mom was still feeling it from a week in San Diego. I have to say I couldn't be happier to be home. I'm realizing that now that is the worst part of my job- saying bye to my Gavers for a week! Boooo...I think this summer I just might pack you and your dad up with me and take you along. Although I'm not sure what you guys will do while I'm in meetings all day and dinners at night?! Hmmm...

This is going to be a quick 9 month update because I'm sleepy. While maybe not QUICK because when can I ever do that?!

  • You're a little walker now. You've been taking steps for awhile but now you take at least 6-10 in a row and when you do you fly! You're going to be a runner just like your mom :) And well now dad, now that he has Adam in his life. Ha
  • You can say mum mum, dad, cat, and baba. I have no idea what baba means though?! You say it when you look at your book, but also your bottle. Maybe you just like to say Ba. Cat is a little embarrassing that, that's one of your first words. You started saying it about a month ago and we thought it was just us making it up in our heads, but several other people heard it and agree. We are officially the crazy cat house.
  • You now enjoy looking at books and not just eating them
  • You stayed your first whole week with your dad and you survived!! You both did. I actually walked in the door and you just stared at me for a minute like it wasn't real and then kept looking at your dad and smiling, like Hi dad, you're my new favorite! Ha! Now we're best buds again.
  • You hate your vegetables but love your fruit. You literally bat the spoon out of my hand when I get close to you with it. I'm going to buy you the organic mixed
  • Contrary to the little picture below (or whenever I get around to it) you love playing with your little cousin Oliver this weekend. You actually were trying to give him a kiss but then fell and used him to stand back up! Oops! I thought it was funny, although I'm not srue if Laura did?! I should probably explain the context!
  • You still love to play "catch" and you have quite the arm on you. You're getting really good at it too :) Like I said you're my little athlete!! You have the most fun when we put you in your pack and play that's full of all of these plastic balls and you throw them at us. You kept throwing them at your dad when he was lying on the floor sleeping a few weeks ago. No worries I have it all on video. Ha! Nice like trick Mr Gav man
  • You moved up two weeks ago from the baby room to the crawlers. Amanda was a little upset about this bc you two were buddies but I'm sure she will be down to visit you in the crawler room! Actually one Sunday she left the service to come see you and didn't come back until the end...the funny thing is she sat right in front of us and I didn't know where she went?! Ha little did I know she was hanging out with my favorite little guy! You're so loved Gavs!
  • We made it through Christmas but I don't think I want a real tree for awhile. Pine needles were everyyyywhere. I'm sure we will still find them next year at this time. Yikes! Thankfully we finally took the tree down today! Your dad was a little stubborn and wouldn't let us do it until I got back from SD. Ha. Perfect. That won't happen again either :)
I think that's it for now?! I'll try to add more pics later but I wanted to get this up so we had it :) I love you so much baby Gavey. You are so awesome and truly make our life so much fun!! Alright, now this momma needs to pour a glass of wine and catch up on the DVR. I'm a sleepy little mess. Yikes

No comments:

Post a Comment