Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Mommy and Daddy Rewind.

Alright. Wow. Can I just say it's a huge relief to get Mr. Gaveypants update Done. Done. Done. Now look at me on a little blogging roll :) So much has happened in the last few months that it's a little cray cray. (haha is it bad I stold this from Bryan?! Kidding. Not really.)

So let's do a quick run down on what's new with the fam:

  • I'm all signed up and officially running another full marathon. Yikes! What have I gotten myself in to? Thankfully it's not until Memorial Weekend so I still have plenty of time to get it together. The Corr's are running the half, Laura's running the half and I think I know a couple others who will be out there, so at least it will be fun to have friends out there running the race too!! My official training starts January 20th although I'm working on strength and speed until then. Hopefully it helps and I feel better than I did after my last one. I literally felt like my body was going to fall apart limb by limb. Awesome.
  • Bryan was SUPER pumped to play on a men's league soccer team with people from Riv until his first game...the poor guy tore his achillies tendon and had to have surgery a couple weeks ago. He has to be on cructhes and in a boot for at least another 2 possibly 3 months. The Dr said he won't be able to run again for at least 9 so no Bayshore race for him :( Boo! He's had such a great attitude about it all, I'm really proud of him. I have to admit I took it really hard at first bc I'm selfish and just thought about all the work this was going to make me. It has been tough but I think I'm now in the swing of things and everything will be just fine. I just feel bad for him because he is so limited on what he can do. He just wants to be able to walk up the stairs or into the kitchen for a glass of water without it being an ordeal. I know there is a lesson in this somewhere and maybe he needed the downtime... Plus it was kind of nice having him home for 3 weeks!
  • We went home to New York for Thanksgiving and it was so great to see me gram. She is so awesome and amazing. I would give anything to live back home agian so I could be closer to her but I know that's not in our plans for now. We were supposed to go home this last weekend for Christmas but Gaveypants was sick so we had to cancel. I'm hoping to get home again in January so we can celebrate and see the family again. We've had a lot of bad news and it's been a horribly trying time for my family between my aunt being in ICU since Thanksgiving, certain family members who have well done a few things that are really hurtful, a cancer scare with another person in my family, ugh. Seriously everything has been so heavy on my heart that I don't think I can take much more bad news :( It weighs so heavily on me and I wish I could fix it but I can't...I can just be positive and be there for my family the best I can. We will get through it. As my gram says, "this to shall past." I have a great hubs and group of friends who have been so great in carrying me through this hard time that I think I'm finally on the other side and can see hope and forgiveness. Wow this was deeper than I anticipated! :)
  • Bryan's parents moved to DeWitt and now live about 5 minutes down the road from us. They've been such a huge help with Bryan being laid up. They stop over and help out with Gavin, hang our curtains, Christmas Lights, set up our Christmas tree, take the garbage out, have us over for dinner. Their move was perfect timing. Plus Gavin loves going to see them and Ben their dog who Gav's obsessed with. It's also been helpful since our sitter goes away to school we only have her on the weekends, so it's nice to have back up childcare if we have plans or need a night out. It's been really great. I also love that Gavey will grow up close to family and have that many more people cheering him on when he becomes a little athlete.
  • Our house is off the market...I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but we decided to take a break from showings, etc. Granted now I have someone coming to clean every other week so that would have made my life easier before. Trying to pick up with a extremley active toddler is not easy, in additon to keeping the rest of our house in order. I think we're back on the 4-5 year plan. We're going to stay here for a few more years, make this house a bit more like we want it, and then see what's out there. We had our house painted and deck redone with new stairs, railings, paint etc, over the summer and it looks so much better. We also are (as a type) getting new insulation put in, and soon our basement will be done with a bar, play area and new living space. I'm so excited!! If Bryan keeps this up I just might not want to move...Maybe that's his plan! Dirty trick Bry guy.
  • Oh and in sad news...One of my professors who I worked so closely with over the last couple of years just suddenly passed away. It comes as a complete shock. I honestly can say I've never met someone who cares so much about his students and their success as he did. They think it was a heart attack but no one knows for sure yet. My prayers go out to his wife and family during such a busy and what is supposed to be happy, time of year. Campus will not be the same without his smiling face, dry humor, and to be honest...putting me through the ringer to win his business. I did it, but he def made me work hard for it. In doing so his new business might put me over the edge this year, and also it made it so worth it. He only did it because he cares about giving his students the best, and because he's so invested in them and was willing to learn and try new things. Cheers Mark, rest in peace.
Alriggghht. I think it's time this girl wraps up her blogging for one day and hits the gym!! In a couple weeks it will be packed with all the new year resolution-ers so I need to enjoy it while I can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment