Thursday, August 23, 2012

Gavey Mommy Day

Guess what my favorite day is in the whole world?? Christmas?! No... New Years?! No... My Birthday?! Close... but my absolute favorite day ever are Gavey Mommy days. I mean technically EVERY day is Gavey Mommy day, but on our special ones it's all about Gavin and doing fun things!

Today's Gavey Mommy day was full of lunch dates, shoe shopping and hair cuts. We then finished it off with pizza and wine (or water in a sippy cup for Gavman) at Rellis. Seriously today was so fun. The weather was perfect and everything went according to plan.

We started our day at the gym where Gavey played with his little buddies in tot watch. It's so cute to look over while I'm running and see your little nose and eyes peering over the window at me. Although sometimes I get a little tired of waving and turning my head to the side, but you know what, if it makes you happy I would upside and backwards. I really should get up and run outside while I can before the weather gets cold and save the treadmill for winter but maybe tomorrow ;) My pace has definitly improved though, I average 8:30-8:40/mile which is exciting seeing as I used to run 10 minute miles. While in Chicago I ran down Navy pier at 7:34/pace but I think I always get over excited when I run somewhere new...or I should just run outside more?! Ha. Ok I'm getting side tracked.

Anyways, we started our day at the gym, and then we came home and read books. I actually tried to get you to watch Yo Gabba Gabba so I could answer a few e-mails but you said, "Noooo books!" So, we grabbed Thomas the Train and read it. Then we read it again. Then you ripped a page, and we read it again. Then it was mommy's favorite time of the day. Gavey's nap time!!! My time to pick up the house, catch up on e-mails and sample/track for the new semester. However after about 35 minutes you were ready to get back up and hang out...I would be lying if I said I ran up the stairs the minute I heard a peep out of you but, I didn't. I let you cry for like a half hour....ahhh I know I feel guilty. But I was in the middle of trying to solve a beginning of the semester crisis that really needed my time. Sorry big guy!

We then got up and had snack then made our way to the other side of town. You see, I've been smashing your little feets into your shoes and you've been ok with it, but I started to get the impression they were too small. Especially after we went through FOUR pairs of shoes this morning and every pair you cried and cried the minute I put them on...mind you 3 of the 4 you've never worn ugh!! Anyways, I thought maybe we better go shoe shopping. So away we went to stride rite, and Gav!! you are a size 7!! The shoes you've been wearing are 5's!!! Ahhh!! Oops! So 98.00 later we were out the door and you my friend are set with 3 new pairs of super cute shoes! I also bought you your first pair of Sperry's so we can be matchy matchy. You love them and the minute you put them on, you slid off the bench and ran around the store...until you got distracted by the full length mirror. You then stopped and hung out there for awhile. Ha. You're totally your father's son ;)

Then...I have been kind of feeling you look like Bruce Jenner lately. Well Bruce before he got his latest haircut. Your hair is long and and mullety in the back. You've had one slight trim before that Ashley did but I didn't want you to have a full blown hair cut yet. Anyways, we walked in and they bribed you over to the seat with three suckers. You were ok with the sucker until you had to sit on the booster by yourself. I then held you, and she cut your hair. Gavey you did so good!!! you just sat there with your sucker and smiled at yourself in the mirror the whole time. I am so proud of you. You now have a super short hair cut and look so grown up so it's a little bittersweet. You're known for your "crazy" hair but, now you can be known for the super big kid with the double crown...which explains your crazy long and uncooperative cowlick.

THEN... we left and went and saw daddy at work. We got to see him and Jackson's momma. You didn't want to leave daddy though, and his one customer said, "there's the movie star. that boy is going to be a movie star someday." Ha. I don't know about that, but you are a star in my book ;)

THEN...we ended our mommy/gavey day by hitting up the DeWitt park. You played with a little girl you met Elizabeth who's 2 1/2 and you're actually a lot taller than her. She's either really little or you're really big, or maybe it's happy combo of both? You LOVE going down the swirly slide. this time you actually didn't run down it, or go down backwards or on your belly. You sat like such a big kid and went down without a problem. Must be the haircut. You did this over, and over, and over.

THEN...when daddy got home we played with your trainset than went to Rell's for Thirsty Thursday. The pizza hit the spot and so did the wine... ;) you were so good. When we were leaving you ran into your BFF Carly and played with your new ball and didn't want to leave her. Perfect ending to the night.

Alright, now that we have the play by play of our day, I think I'm going to kick my feet up and try and convince your dad to watch Top Chef with me...and maybe go find another glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment