Monday, August 27, 2012

First day of Big Kid School

Posing with Daddy before my 1st day of School!
The day has finally come...

Gavey started his first day at Playhouse Child Development Center today. I was such a wreck about this yesterday. Ok, maybe a wreck is stretching it but I had a little pit in my stomach all day...Then this morning I had to go in and wake him up for the first time in forever since little sleepy pants usually can sleep in however late he wants to. Anyways, he got up, ate a little breakfast, and snuggled and watched Yo Gabba Gabba. Once daddy was ready and after we took lots of pictures, we packed the car, and drove you to your new big kid school. And you know what...?

It really wasn't that bad!!

Part of me is a little excited for you.We walked in and it seems so peaceful and fun and relaxing in there that I think you're going to LOVE it! They had music on in the background, and there was only 3 other kids all around your age. The most there will ever be is 6 and I'm ok with that. If there are more than 4 kids than there will be 2 helpers which means you will always get lots of love and attention which is wht's important to me. I never want you to feel neglected or unloved, or ignored and I know this won't happen here. ((I'm such a mom! Ha!) They also serve breakfast every morning, so all I have to do is pack your lunch M-R since Friday is pizza and applesauce day. How fun is that?! You also follow a loose curriculum where you have independant play, and then craft time and sensory play where you will play with music, dance, read books, play with play-doh, etc. In the morning and afternoon you get outdoor play time which I know you will love since you love being outside. They also told me to call anytime, and really made me feel at ease. You know what Gav? I think this will be a harder adjustment for me than for you! The good thing is, this week I'm primarily working from home with just a few student presentations throughout my afternoon so I can get you early, and let you ease into this whole thing...or let me ease into this whole thing.

The only thing I'm a littttle nervous about is nap time. We have a little routine where we eat lunch, and snuggle and then you go up to bed no problem. It will be a little different here since you sleep on little beds, and in a big room next to your little friends, and no mommy... :( Jenn said it usually takes around a month to get into a routine so I'm glad they realize that and they will do everything they can to make it an easy adjustment for you. They play light music, dim the lights, read a book and then quietly go down. I kind of wish I had a nap time like this, it sounds amazing! I think you should enjoy it, because some day you will give anything for a little nap during the day!! :) I also packaged your MoMo so that should make it a little easier. You started asking for it at night, and if we don't have it upstairs for you to hold before you go to bed you won't go to bed. You just say MoMo, over and over again. It's the cutest word ever and it's so adorable you need your little MoMo for bed time. ahh so cute!

MOMO:



Alright well Mom needs to get cracking. I have presentations to plan for an office to clean, and marketing material to organize. Oh shoot and my expenses. Ugh. Forgot about that one. Well, while you are off playing, singing and dancing I will be cleaning, organizing and prepping. Woo Hoo! Let the fun begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment