Thursday, November 17, 2011

One Step at a Time...

Waitttt....I forgot I wrote this the day you took your first steps! I wrote this on 11/17 so here. Ok I'm not as much of a slacker as I thought, I just didn't post it. I'll add pics later to spruce things up a bit :)

I think a BIG congratulations is in order for a Mr. Gavin Pants. Or should I say Gavin Walker Pants? Ha. Ok I'm obviously tired and should not be writing anything right now. BUT I do feel the need to make it a point to note that our Gaveyman took his first steps 2 days ago at exactly 7 months and 1 week. Woo Hoo over achiever. I'm so proud of you! You took off at Cindy's house not even realizing what you were doing. She turned on the fireplace, and you were mesmerized, and just needed to get close and check it out Sooo you took 2 big steps and were on your way! Until you realized what you were doing and then you sat on your booty. I was afraid it was a fluke but you did it again today for momma! Ahhh! Wow. It makes me SO happy and So sad at the same time. I don't want you to be a walker yet. I think it will be awhile until that's your main mode of transportation, you're still a knee guy and prefer crawling everywhere. As. Fast. As. You. Freakiiing. Can. Ugh! You literally make us chase you silly boy. We broke down and bought more gets yesterday. I really didn't want to close off basically every pathway but thanks to you, we have no choice :) I guess I'll let it go this time. It's either that or consistently try to beat you to the water dish and the cat food. Your not a cat so please stop trying to eat like they do.

We have an exciting week coming up!! New York!! Woo Hoooo. I can't wait! I'm in DIRE need of a little time at home with my family and my best friends. I miss them so much. I have a lot of great friends here in Lansing, but there is something about my friends in NY that just make things seem like they're suppoed to. If that makes sense? :) We're going out the night before Thanksgiving, while little Gaveypants stays home. I have to say, I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it. It's a tradition that we do every year but I'm getting too old for this nonsense. I went out with friends last weekend, got home at 1:00 and was literally WORTHLESS alllll day on Sunday. It was so pathetic. Thankfully for me I have the best husband in the world who let me lay on the couch and watch movies all day, while he chased Gavin everywhere. Seriously I don't know what I would have done without him?!

I just booked my flight to San Diego for my NSM. I'm actually pretty pumped because I've never been there. I wish Brybear was going with, but it will be a nice time away with friends I only see a few times a year. Plus it's in California which is SO much better than Florida which is where we've gone the last few Januarys...Wait I think last year we were in Phoenix. Ok regardless. I'm just glad it's not Florida again. Bryan and I also found the best resort ever for our little couple get away this summer. It's in Punta Cana which I've never been to but seriously, I need something fun and exciting to look forward to. Granted we will of course miss you Mr. Gavman but the thought of a week laying out on the beach, drinking fun cocktails, and no e-mail, or cell phone sounds fabulous. I think I should just book it now and be done with it?!

Ok...Once again RANDOM. I just felt the need to mark Gavin's little walking moment down in history :)

No comments:

Post a Comment